Take your class for an exciting, hands-on exploration through history! The History box 3 uses an innovative method to bring history to life, providing Year 3 teachers and students with an opportunity to redefine how this subject is taught and learned. Utilising the high-impact teaching strategies of collaborative learning and questioning, you will:
- introduce crucial chapters of Australian history through vividly illustrated topic cards.
- engage students and set the scene using activity starter cards. Encourage them to self-reflect through a familiar situation, before finding a thread back to historical situations.
- immerse students in further exploration through inquiry-based tasks, with clear indicators on which inquiry skills they are utilising.
- consolidate and assess students’ progress with ideas for formative and summative assessment as well as extension activities provided within the teacher’s guide.
- bring interactivity to the classroom with the online portal, featuring digital copies of all elements of The History box, as well as relevant videos that will enhance the learning experience.