Oxford Spelling is an evidence-based, whole-school program supporting spelling development and best-practice classroom instruction.
Planned and written by Dr Tessa Daffern, Oxford Spelling incorporates the latest spelling research into a flexible and practical classroom resource. This comprehensive series enables teachers to teach spelling generalisations and strategies sequentially and explicitly, and connect spelling knowledge to reading, writing and other disciplines.
Features of the series:
- Alignment to the latest Australian, Victorian and NSW curricula, and support for the ACARA Literacy Progressions
- Full colour Student Books that provide a systematic exploration of words through phonology, orthography and morphology
- Excerpts from fiction and non-fiction literary texts that expand student vocabulary and nurture appreciation for reading and writing
- Coverage of Oxford Wordlist high frequency words in Years F–2
- ‘Bringing it together’ activities that allow practice and consolidation of the phonological, orthographic and morphological skills